There are the various software’s in the market currently for AEC & CAD Industry, but out of them there are 5 major software’s in the market has set a record of creating a huge demand in the last few years. We figured out why these software’s adoption rate was higher and what are their strong features that create a huge dependency among the Architects, Contractors, Modelers & Renderers for their efficient work. Here are the TOP 5 Sofware’s that has the major market share in CAD & AEC Industry.
- Revit (BIM):
In this current BIM Scenario REVIT is the tool that holds the major market share in the AEC Industry of almost 48% as per NBS Report 2017. It is used for Architecture design, Modeling & Documentation of any project and its developed by Autodesk INC.
Revit is Allowing Architects, engineers, and the Construction Industry to make changes in real time. It can track the amount of time each person spends working on the project, projecting construction costs and timing from the beginning of a building; thus, helping construction meet completion goals better than ever before. It also tells the AEC information right down to what, when, and where the building will need maintenance.
Here are the top 5 benefits of using Revit on your BIM Project.
- Better Collaboration Using Revit
- Best for resolving conflicts between Project Members.
- Revit is Detailed Oriented (Provides all informatory data required to the respective coordinating members using BIM 360 Tool).
- It’s been easy to visualize your project and also the simulation of the project using Revit.
- Identify & Meet with clients with a splendid presentation using Revit.
- ArchiCAD (BIM) :
ArchiCAD is the 2nd most commonly used software for BIM Projects and it’s been adopted by an average of 18% market by AEC Industry. ArchiCAD has been developed by Graphisoft by keeping various problems and their solutions for many divergent segments in the AEC Industry.
Top 5 benefits for ArchiCAD :
- Enhanced Capacity of maintaining the productivity by making real-time projects collaborations easier and faster.
- Intelligently designed for Architects by focusing on their needs.
- Easy to learn and not heavy duty functions which also reduce the IT Cost.
- ArchiCAD is a server-based technology and it empowers firms for easy configuration for any size of projects.
- Maintain the competition by overcoming from the risk of delays of documentation and design process.
- Primavera (BIM): Project Planning & Scheduling
By using primavera we can prepare any business project portfolio. It has been opted by almost 70% of the individuals in AEC Industry. Primavera handles large-scale and mature projects very easily and it has been developed by Oracle INC.
Here are the top benefits of using Primavera :
- Maintain your resource capacity
- Planning & Scheduling of any convoluted projects is now easier by using Primavera P6.
- Optimize your resources by tracking and by designating best resources.
- After the Planning phase, it’s very important to visualize and monitor your project performance according to your plan and we can do that using Primavera.
- Project performance analysis gives an idea of any errors by which we can make alternate project pans.
- Solidworks (Mechanical CAD) :
SOLIDWORKS is a parametric-based 3D modeling CAD software and is been adopted by more than 1,50,000 companies worldwide. Apart from dominating manufacturing sector, This 3D Modelling software has also been used in the interior, architectural and medicine industries to name a few.
SOLIDWORKS provides a wide platform for solid modeling, as well as for surface modeling both controlled parametrically. Parametric 3d modeling is a modeling technique in which geometries are controlled by using numeric parameters like the diameter of a circle and geometry based parameters like concentricity and perpendicularity. Hence one can capture design intent to change the product’s geometry and shape throughout the product development process.
Here are the Top Advantages of Using SOLIDWORKS,
- User-friendly Interface making it easier to learn as compared to other CAD software.
- Easy to manipulate design at any stage in the product development phase.
- Real view graphics allow the model to be visualize rendered view in real time.
- Integrated add-ons help’s in analyzing dynamics, kinematics etc.
- This 3D Modelling software minimizes the time and development cost and allows you to make the design process effortless.
@BIMNCAD, Source: www.bimncad.com
- Autodesk 3DS Max (Architecture & Interiors Renderings) :
3Ds Max is a product by Autodesk INC, it has been diversified across the Engineering and Construction (AEC) business and has strong 3D modeling & Rendering capabilities.
3Ds Max consists of the many wealthy options that facilitate the modelers, the renders and also the designers to form unflawed photo-realistic 3D pictures also as 3D animations of any construction component.
Here are the top benefits of using 3Ds Max for 3D CAD Modeling & Rendering in the AEC Industry:
- In 3D animation services particularly the structural, the mechanical animation & in AEC industry, 3Ds Max 2018 has created notable improvements in the visualization, the motion graphics, the visual effects, etc.
- 3ds Max is a digital content creation software package, It can even produce 3d printable elements within the laptop which will replace human effort or sophisticate designed device
- It helps Modelers, Renderers and also the alternative users to increase their efficiency because of the diversification in 3D CAD Modeling, 3D Renderings, and Animation features.
- 3ds Max incorporates a dialog tool referred to as Material Editor that enables users to create & edit materials and maps in their scenes. they’ll be able to apply artistic textures, as well as, simulate refractions, reflections, and many effects as they assign materials to things.
- You can now link objects together in 3Ds Max, As a result, it allows the user to form hierarchies and can animate sets of objects in once.