There are the various software’s in the market currently for AEC & CAD Industry, but out of them there are 5 major software’s in the market has set a record of creating a huge demand in the last few years. We figured out why these software’s adoption rate was higher and what are their strong features that create a huge dependency among the Architects, Contractors, Modelers & Renderers for their efficient work. Here are the TOP 5 Sofware’s that has the major market share in CAD & AEC Industry.
- Revit (BIM):
In this current BIM Scenario REVIT is the tool that holds the major market share in the AEC Industry of almost 48% as per NBS Report 2017. It is used for Architecture design, Modeling & Documentation of any project and its developed by Autodesk INC.
Revit is Allowing Architects, engineers, and the Construction Industry to make changes in real time. It can track the amount of time each person spends working on the project, projecting construction costs and timing from the beginning of a building; thus, helping construction meet completion goals better than ever before. It also tells the AEC information right down to what, when, and where the building will need maintenance.
Here are the top 5 benefits of using Revit on your BIM Project.
- Better Collaboration Using Revit
- Best for resolving conflicts between Project Members.
- Revit is Detailed Oriented (Provides all informatory data required to the respective coordinating members using BIM 360 Tool).
- It’s been easy to visualize your project and also the simulation of the project using Revit.
- Identify & Meet with clients with a splendid presentation using Revit.
- ArchiCAD (BIM) :
ArchiCAD is the 2nd most commonly used software for BIM Projects and it’s been adopted by an average of 18% market by AEC Industry. ArchiCAD has been developed by Graphisoft by keeping various problems and their solutions for many divergent segments in the AEC Industry.
Top 5 benefits for ArchiCAD :
- Enhanced Capacity of maintaining the productivity by making real-time projects collaborations easier and faster.
- Intelligently designed for Architects by focusing on their needs.
- Easy to learn and not heavy duty functions which also reduce the IT Cost.
- ArchiCAD is a server-based technology and it empowers firms for easy configuration for any size of projects.
- Maintain the competition by overcoming from the risk of delays of documentation and design process.
- Primavera (BIM): Project Planning & Scheduling
#BIM TOOLS #CAD TOOLS
#RENDERING TOOLS #ARCHITECTURAL TOOLS
By using primavera we can prepare any business project portfolio. It has been opted by almost 70% of the individuals in AEC Industry. Primavera handles large-scale and mature projects very easily and it has been developed by Oracle INC.
Here are the top benefits of using Primavera :
- Maintain your resource capacity
- Planning & Scheduling of any convoluted projects is now easier by using Primavera P6.
- Optimize your resources by tracking and by designating best resources.
- After the Planning phase, it’s very important to visualize and monitor your project performance according to your plan and we can do that using Primavera.
- Project performance analysis gives an idea of any errors by which we can make alternate project pans.
- Solidworks (Mechanical CAD) :
SOLIDWORKS is a parametric-based 3D modeling CAD software and is been adopted by more than 1,50,000 companies worldwide. Apart from dominating manufacturing sector, This 3D Modelling software has also been used in the interior, architectural and medicine industries to name a few.
SOLIDWORKS provides a wide platform for solid modeling, as well as for surface modeling both controlled parametrically. Parametric 3d modeling is a modeling technique in which geometries are controlled by using numeric parameters like the diameter of a circle and geometry based parameters like concentricity and perpendicularity. Hence one can capture design intent to change the product’s geometry and shape throughout the product development process.
Here are the Top Advantages of Using SOLIDWORKS,
- User-friendly Interface making it easier to learn as compared to other CAD software.
- Easy to manipulate design at any stage in the product development phase.
- Real view graphics allow the model to be visualize rendered view in real time.
- Integrated add-ons help’s in analyzing dynamics, kinematics etc.
- This 3D Modelling software minimizes the time and development cost and allows you to make the design process effortless.
@BIMNCAD, Source: www.bimncad.com
- Autodesk 3DS Max (Architecture & Interiors Renderings) :
3Ds Max is a product by Autodesk INC, it has been diversified across the Engineering and Construction (AEC) business and has strong 3D modeling & Rendering capabilities.
3Ds Max consists of the many wealthy options that facilitate the modelers, the renders and also the designers to form unflawed photo-realistic 3D pictures also as 3D animations of any construction component.
Here are the top benefits of using 3Ds Max for 3D CAD Modeling & Rendering in the AEC Industry:
- In 3D animation services particularly the structural, the mechanical animation & in AEC industry, 3Ds Max 2018 has created notable improvements in the visualization, the motion graphics, the visual effects, etc.
- 3ds Max is a digital content creation software package, It can even produce 3d printable elements within the laptop which will replace human effort or sophisticate designed device
- It helps Modelers, Renderers and also the alternative users to increase their efficiency because of the diversification in 3D CAD Modeling, 3D Renderings, and Animation features.
- 3ds Max incorporates a dialog tool referred to as Material Editor that enables users to create & edit materials and maps in their scenes. they’ll be able to apply artistic textures, as well as, simulate refractions, reflections, and many effects as they assign materials to things.
- You can now link objects together in 3Ds Max, As a result, it allows the user to form hierarchies and can animate sets of objects in once.
BIM for Sustainable Building Design
Firstly, we need to discuss Building Information Modeling (BIM), what it is, and its potential to Conquer the answer to sustainable design. BIM in and of itself; is known as the process to design buildings and structures on a collaborative level. BIM is Allowing Architects, engineers, and the Construction Industry (AEC) to make changes in real time. It can track the amount of time each person spends working on the project, projecting constructio n costs and timing from the beginning of a building; thus, helping construction meet completion goals better than ever before. It also tells the AEC information right down to what, when, and where the building will need to maintenance. That is the simple definition.
Where is BIM going
In truth, BIM goes so much further; it is difficult to take in all that this has to offer. Other than the genius that has gone into its creation. BIM has been a long time in the making and, seems to be a fluid and ever-evolving form, taking shape into things we had not previously imagined. However, as technology grows, our applications and their abilities are ever expanding too. Where is the future of building information modeling going?
The future of BIM
Well, it is going green; as the future of BIM technology changes along with everything else, it is maturing and growing into something that gives AEC some remarkable power in building design. As if this were not enough, the future of BIM software will be able to integrate with other emerging schemas that focus on building green. Moreover, even upcoming AI implementations; which, will streamline the drafting and how information is changed and entered into the BIM even further.
The future of BIM in construction
Which is excellent, mother earth not only needs it, she is begging for it; and so are the people and animal life. Not only is it great that this is being worked on by concerned AEC, but due to The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007. Requires that new construction and renovation projects must make sure they are using 55% less energy than other commercial buildings. Furthermore, by 2030, all new facilities have to meet the new standard of net-zero energy buildings.
When BIM optimization is applied
Well, there is BIM, and there is, of course, optimization of the tools you have at your fingertips. The BIM is just a thing, without humans that actively utilize BIM and sustainable construction are optimizing it, without AEC using this valuable tool, it is just another program sitting on a desktop. We, just cannot have that. The power of BIM to grow sustainable homes, structures, and buildings is too powerful to let it sit on the shelf; therefore, it cannot!
In today’s world of pollution, BIM software is the future
In today’s world of pollution, greenhouse gases, energy footprints, and more; tools like this are no longer sitting around on the shelf. With the worlds collective environmental problems, particularly climate change, being a severe global issue; just waiting for the bright minds of today, and technology, to concentrate its efforts on solving this sobering challenge. BIM has the power to change all of this when optimized for today’s sustainable construction. The AEC now realizes how vital BIM for sustainable building design. The AEC also recognizes how badly needed such a powerful tool is and can be. Assisting in this global issue, the aims of BIM are leaning more toward sustainable building design. The future of building information modeling is taking many steps to solve these issues.
BIM Optimization for sustainable building design
Imagine it. Green buildings. There is a subset of BIM Optimization for sustainable and greener buildings. Green Building IML is a subset of the BMI modeling efforts. This subset of optimizing BMI and sustainability; thankfully, is a reality. Many people are not concerned at all with the carbon footprint and pollution that buildings create or perhaps, they have never thought of how much additional energy buildings use. Honestly, it is a staggering amount. Our beloved buildings and structures are releasing over 70% of greenhouse gasses emitted. Moreover, they use a crushing 70% of the energy consumed in the United States alone.
The future of BIM technology and solutions
It does not take much thought to realize this is a staggering amount of energy. Also, it is such a large number; it is obnoxious. Moreover, it is an issue for our climate, air quality, and carbon footprint affecting the entire world. Some of these numbers may be in the USA, but we all know the wind blows across the globe. This fact is not only revolting, most of us realize it is causing health issues and climate change; this is where BMI optimization for sustainable construction comes into play. Making crucial correct decisions regarding sustainable buildings at the initial stage plays a pivotal role in realizing the sustainable building. It is clear why in recent years, BIM has become a favorite approach used for sustainable building design.
The future of BIM and theme of sustainable building
The general theme of a sustainable building is: Use as few resources as possible, not to disturb ecosystems, disrupt natural life rhythms during construction, maintenance, operation and demolition of a building. BIM is a favorite approach to the creation of the sustainable building. Giving the AEC the ability to enter all the geometry, geographic information, spatial relationships, and the properties and quantities of the building elements; which, are saved in its virtual 3D environment. Thus, the ability to apply simulation after simulation while still in the virtual environment. Giving them the ability to verify the performance of their designs. Also, giving them the full use of the future of BIM in construction designs, and find one that works best for the build area and environment. The future of BIM technology and its optimization, and more widespread use may be just what the doctor ordered for the planet, and all of her inhabitants. Taking nature, wildlife, and humans into consideration before a build, will decrease not only the carbon footprint and emissions; but the effect the buildings have on our emotions and how we have finally come to value simple things such as clean air, environment, and wildlife habitat erosion.
Of course, these changes cannot happen overnight. However, it creates hope and the possibility of change; that things can and will be better for our lives and the lives of our future generations in general because of the unique technology of building information technology.